The BIORESTEC organizing committee are delighted to announce that the fourth meeting will be held in-person in Lake Garda, Italy, 14–17 May 2023.
BIORESTEC will consider exploration and exploitation of bioresource technologies for developing biomass-based processes and products and cover following topics specifically.
- Biological waste treatment and resource recovery
- Industrial wastewater
- Solid waste
- Biofuels & biorefineries
- Biodiesel, Bioethanol, Biobutanol, Biohydrogen, Biogas
- Lignocellulosic and Algal biorefinery
- Microbial fuel cells
- Microbial bioprocesses and products
- Antibiotics, Biopolymers, Enzymes, Organic acids, Others.
- Thermochemical processes for lignocellulose and algal biomass
- Combustion, Gasification, Hydrothermal treatment, Pyrolysis, Steam explosion
- New and emerging biomass-based* processes and technologies
- Biochar: Preparation, characterization and application for dyes and organic pollutants removal, anaerobic digestion, and composting.
- Circular bioeconomy and energy & environmental sustainability
- Nanomaterials for bioprocesses applications
- Metabolic and genetic engineering for process enhancement
- System analysis, life-cycle assessment & techno-economics of biofuels and chemicals production
*Lignocellulosic and algal biomass, food waste (grain/vegetable-based food) and municipal solid waste